About the drug:
The drug Seduxen has a sedative, anxiolytic, muscle relaxant, anticonvulsant effect. The drug has a regulatory effect on neurovegetative functions.
Indications and dosage:
Indications for use:
- Neuroses of all types, as well as neurosis-like and psycho-like states accompanied by anxiety syndrome, with organic damage to the brain (including cerebral atherosclerosis), endogenous diseases;
- Mental illness, which is accompanied by excitement, motor anxiety, severe anxiety;
- Anxiety, nervous tension in psychosomatic diseases;
- Status epilepticus, often recurring seizures;
- Endogenous psychoses ;
- epilepsy ;
- The state of anxiety that accompanies diseases of the internal organs;
- Neurotic disorders in pediatrics (headache, anxiety, tic, sleep disturbance, stubborn reaction, enuresis, bad habits);
- Cramps, contractures, muscle stiffness;
- Diseases that are accompanied by increased muscle tone, hyperkinesis, or spasticity;
- Tetanus ;
- All types of convulsive conditions;
- Induction anesthesia;
- Premedication before surgery;
- The threat of premature birth, premature birth as a result of muscle spasm (at the end of the third trimester of pregnancy).
The drug Seduxen is used orally, intravenously, intramuscularly.
The dose of the drug is selected individually, given the condition of the patient, the response to treatment.
- At the beginning of therapy, small doses should be used with a gradual increase. The daily dose should be divided into 2–4 doses. It is advisable to take 2/3 of the daily dose in the evening.
- Adults with psychosomatic diseases, neurological disorders, anxiety-phobic disorders are prescribed 2.5-5 mg. The average daily dose is 5–20 mg. A single dose should not exceed 10 mg.
- Symptomatic therapy of convulsive syndrome – 2.5-10 mg 2-4 times / day.
- In the complex treatment of mental disorders of organic origin, the starting dose is 20–40 mg / day, the maintenance dose is 15–20 mg / day.
- With muscle contractures, spasticity, rigidity – 5–20 mg / day.
- The starting dose for children is 1.25–2.5 mg / day, divided into 2–4 doses.
Solution for intravenous, intramuscular administration:
With intramuscular injection, the needle should be inserted deep into the muscle.
Intravenously, the drug should be driven slowly: not more than 1 ml (5 mg) of the drug within a minute.
Children need to enter the solution very slowly – more than 3 minutes.
- To stop psychomotor agitation, 10–20 mg are prescribed intramuscularly, intravenously, and if necessary, 10 mg 3-4 times / day.
- With delirium, alcohol withdrawal syndrome, conditions that occur with increased muscle tone, appoint no more than 10 mg 3-4 times / day intramuscularly.
- When tetanus is prescribed, 10–20 mg is administered intramuscularly / intravenously (including dropwise) every 2–8 hours.
- With an epileptic status, the initial dose is 10–30 mg intravenously, which can be repeated after 30–60 minutes, then after 4 hours. The maximum dose is 80-100 mg / day. After the cessation of seizures, they switch to intramuscular administration – 10 mg every 4-6 hours, if necessary – for several days.
- To relieve skeletal muscle spasm 30 minutes before the start of surgery, no more than 10 mg is administered intramuscularly.
- For newborns older than 5 weeks, 0.1-0.3 mg / kg of body weight is administered intravenously slowly. The maximum dose is 5 mg.
- Children over 5 years of age are given 1 mg intravenously every 2–5 minutes until the maximum dose is reached (0.2 mg / kg, with convulsions – up to 0.3 mg / kg). With an increase in epileptic seizures, status epilepticus, the starting dose is 2-10 mg intravenously, then after 30-60 minutes, after 4 hours the dose can be repeated.
The introduction of more than three injections per day is permissible only in the case of tetanus, epileptic status.
Symptoms: confusion, drowsiness, oppression of reflexes, coma .
Therapeutic measures: gastric lavage, if necessary – mechanical ventilation.
From the nervous system: ataxia, increased fatigue, drowsiness, paradoxical reactions (anxiety, agitation, sleep disturbances), withdrawal syndrome, drug dependence.
With rapid parenteral administration, respiratory failure, arterial hypotension are possible.
- Acute attack of glaucoma ;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Children’s age up to 6 months;
- Pregnancy (I trimester).
Interaction with other medicines and alcohol:
Potentiates the effects of drugs that inhibit the effect on the central nervous system, tricyclic antidepressants, muscle relaxants. The solution of the drug Seduxen is incompatible in the same syringe with other drugs.
During the period of use of the drug Seduxen, it is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol.
Composition and properties:
Active ingredient : diazepam.
Release form: tablets on 5 mg No. 20; 5 mg / ml injection solution of 2 ml (10 mg) in ampoules No. 5.
An anxiolytic agent from the group of benzodiazepine derivatives. The effect of diazepam is due to increased GABAergic inhibitory effect, primarily in subcortical structures. The drug also has antiepileptic and central muscle relaxant effects, without causing extrapyramidal disorders.
Storage conditions: at a temperature of 15-30 ° C.
You can contact us for any form of assitance and make your order via our website https://heavenpills.com/.
your satisfaction is our priority